As we travel around the UK we are privileged to meet lots of groups doing amazing things. We listen to the stories of what works and what good looks like and we have also had some nice academics and researchers look at the things that make our groups thrive.
Time and again they come up with the same answers:
- Passionate & skilled leadership
- Infectious enthusiasm
- Inclusive attitude
Amazing and inspiring groups of people happen not by chance, but because people have the will to make that happen; change happens because people dream of a better future and have the courage to stand up and make that happen. That is called leadership.
We are currently piloting our Growing Leaders course and, once we’ve learnt from this, we will be sharing the programme across the different regions so that together we can support each other to be changemakers, creating kinder, more confident and more connected communities in the places where we live… and hopefully having lots of fun along the way. If you’re interested in getting involved in a future Incredible Edible Growing Leaders programme, then get in touch.
We don’t believe that leaders are people who stand up on stages and give presentations, but people who have got that passion and skill to make things happen, and the infectious enthusiasm to bring other people with them. We are all different and we all have our own style – we want to celebrate and share that.
The Growing Leaders programme is a series of group meetings, led by a facilitator where we travel a journey together.
On that journey we focus on a number of things:
- Focus on Incredible Edible – what does Incredible Edible mean and how can we use the Three Plates to make a difference in our own communities.
- Focus on me – how do I understand and know myself, so that I can find the best style of leadership for me.
- Focus on leadership – what are the different styles of leadership and how can we learn from different examples, how to be the best version of ourselves.
- Focus on the team – how do we create teams that trust and support each other so we can move towards a shared common goal.
- Focus on community – what are the different theories of how communities work together and how we can make those places we call home work for everyone.
And in each section, we do three things together:
- Time to learn – this will be informal, something like listening to a podcast of Pam and others in conversation and then discussing and drawing the learning out of that, collecting our thoughts in our Leadership Journal.
- Time to connect – just being together is good and we will celebrate this by eating together and sharing our own stories.
- Time to share – this is meeting in different locations (perhaps the ‘home patch’ of each person) and having a meal so that there is some down time together.
If you’re interested in getting involved in a future Incredible Edible Growing Leaders programme, then get in touch.
As well as Growing Leaders, we also provide the following support:
Get going with lots of information if you’d like to start a group.
Our Catalyst Partner programme, for you if you’re from an organisation and interested in how Incredible Edible could work in your communities.